Comments / User-Generated Content Policy
We encourage and welcome comments on our website. We would also like to thank everyone who takes their time out in posting comments on MikeyV Photography.
We generally post all the comments which are useful to all of our readers. However, there are certain instances where we edit or delete the comment(s). This includes:
- Comments that are posted solely for the purpose of promotion.
- Comments that are spam or have a spammy nature.
- Comments which use vulgar language or swear words.
- Comments which attack/harass another person individually.
We recommend everyone to follow our comment policy rules to help you keep the blog a constructive place for discussion. We reserve the right to edit or delete comments submitted to this blog at any time without notice. The comment policy may be changed at any point in time.
We may moderate the comments that appear on our Websites. We reserve the right but do not assume the obligation to delete or withhold publication of comments that violate our standards and the Disqus Terms of Service. Comments that are obscene, libelous or defamatory, or include vicious personal attacks will not be published. Comments or images that are racist, sexist, homophobic or otherwise offensive will not be published.
Additionally, you agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities or behaviors:
- impersonate, imitate or pretend to be somebody else, by setting up different accounts/profiles, or falsely state, represent, or imply any affiliation, association, or connection with a person or entity when using the Websites;
- post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Websites any content that constitutes junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, chain letters, phishing, advertising, and/or commercial offers;
- use any language that is, or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Websites any User-Generated Content about a person or group that is violent or that victimizes, degrades, defiles or disparages any person or group based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, medical condition, or veteran status or otherwise engage in what we deem to be racism, sexism, ageism, religious intolerance, bigotry, ethnic slurs, or homophobia;
- use any language, or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Websites any User-Generated Content that may or is intended to enable, authorize, instruct, encourage, assist, suggest, or promote activities that incite violence, constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal, provincial, national, international, or foreign law, rule or regulation, including without limitation libel, child pornography, fraud, or invasion of privacy;
- stalk others on or through the Websites, or using information obtained on or through the Websites;
- disrupt, overwhelm, attack, hack, destroy, damage, disable, impair, repossess, alter, tamper or interfere with the Websites, including without limitation any content, communications, messaging, programming, hardware, functionality, or features on our networks, servers or databases, or impede or interfere with others’ access, visitation, and/or use of the Websites, in any way or by any means, whether remotely or by access to our personal property, premises, or otherwise, including, without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using the Websites or otherwise;
- post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Websites any software disabling devices, time bombs, Trojan horses, cancelbots, viruses, worms, bugs, corrupted files, spyware, adware, malware, malicious programs or code, or devices or defects of similar nature;
- disseminate or transmit any Content that infringes or violates any party’s copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other proprietary right; or use or distribute third-party information (whether or not protected as a trade secret) in violation of a duty of confidentiality, fiduciary duty, or similar duty;
- violate any law (whether local, state, national, or international), whether or not intentionally;
- forge headers or otherwise intentionally disguise the origin of any content or communication; interfere with or disrupt the Sites, or servers or networks connected to the Sites; or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Sites;
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Sites; or
- engage in any other activity deemed by MikeyV Photography to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of this agreement or that might violate the rights of others or give rise to liability.
You understand that by using the Sites, you may be exposed to Content that may offend you or challenge your beliefs. Your remedy is to avoid such Content by discontinuing your access.
Copyright Policy for Submission of User Comments
We take claims of copyright infringement seriously. The copyright policy applicable to User-Generated Content (comments) is available through MikeyV Photography’ vendor, Disqus, at http://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/466260-terms-of-service. As stated in Disqus’ policies, if you believe any User-Generated Content on the Websites infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from the Websites by submitting written notification to Disqus in accordance with the procedures for submitting a notice to Disqus under the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) as outlined in Disqus’ Terms of Service available at http://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/466260-terms-of-service.